Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Got my first M39 Lens ( Jupiter 6 ) I have questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Got my first M39 Lens ( Jupiter 6 ) I have questions Reply with quote

Hey guys, I just got my first shiny/silver lens Very Happy (it's at my parents house... and I won't be able to get it until April) Confused

Anyway, from the pictures that my mom took of the lens, it looks somewhat dirty (the metal casing... not the optics). How do I clean the outside of the lens? I think I have some metal polish somewhere Laughing

2# The lens is missing the little plate that goes below the lens to attach a tripod. Where can I get one?

3# Did my mom mess up putting the adapter?!! why is it crooked? Laughing

thanks!

Last edited by error404 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Got my first M39 Lens ( Jupiter 6 ) I have questions Reply with quote

error404 wrote:

[img]

Can you please downscale the picture to 900 wide?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, I updated the link.. but still it doesn't show.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer a few of your questions:
I wouldn't polish it unless you're willing to detach and separate out all of the chrome parts. Otherwise any sort of polish that you use may seep into the cracks. It'll be a mess. Frankly the lens looks damn good. I wouldn't expect cosmetic perfection from a lens that's probably around 50 years old.

What I would be more concerned with is the visible dent in the front. Make sure the lens can still mount filters, and if not make sure the repair is done by a competent professional.

The tripod mount...You'll be hard pressed to find an original. You could probably find a machinist to do something for you, if you create a mock-up diagram. Just don't do something ugly like glue a nut in the space there.

But very nice lens, I look forward to the samples.

~Marc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
To answer a few of your questions:
I wouldn't polish it unless you're willing to detach and separate out all of the chrome parts. Otherwise any sort of polish that you use may seep into the cracks. It'll be a mess. Frankly the lens looks damn good. I wouldn't expect cosmetic perfection from a lens that's probably around 50 years old.

Okay, I'll leave it alone Laughing

Quote:

What I would be more concerned with is the visible dent in the front. Make sure the lens can still mount filters, and if not make sure the repair is done by a competent professional.

I believe I got the dent while was being shipped... and no, I can't place any filters or the hood anymore Confused

Quote:

The tripod mount...You'll be hard pressed to find an original. You could probably find a machinist to do something for you, if you create a mock-up diagram. Just don't do something ugly like glue a nut in the space there.

But very nice lens, I look forward to the samples.

~Marc

This is the only pic that I have right now... I'll have to wait until April

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks amazing on that camera. Results look good too.

The adapter is on fine. The mount will usually be in the wrong place.

Also, WELCOME to the forum!!!!