Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Deserted factory
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Deserted factory Reply with quote

These were taken using a Pentax LX with either a SMC-A 50mm f/1.4 or a SMC "K" 135mm f/2.5 on Delta 100. The first shot is my scan of one of the negatives (using a Minolta Dual Scan III), the others done commercially when the film was developed.

All were tweaked in Photoshop (levels and curves) as the commercial scans were as flat as pancakes.

C&C welcomed.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. I like number 3, it's got scale and the blocks of light are somehow reminiscent of a graveyard which seems to fit a dead factory.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Kris. Nice tight frames and geometric compositions. The symmetry is very pleasant to my eye. I've always been fascinated by neglected buildings, for some reason.

Cheers, Marty.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great results! I like how you used the lines and the sunlight.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 and 3 are my favorites. i love dead buildings ...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris those are all astonishingly beautiful. I love them!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice tones.

Something catches my eye in the last one. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great range and contrast. Like #3 and #4. Lightning difference between these shots are very well controled.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Difficult subjects to expose correctly, well done. I much prefer the blacker tone of your first scan to the remainder.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice compositions

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your kind comments. I may well re-scan the others as well as I think my scan has the edge on just tweaking the commercial ones, largely because I can get it to use the full range of values rather than just stretching out the histogram.

Best wishes, Kris.