Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MC W.Rokkor - NL 21mm 1:2.8 Lens and hood
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Minolta MC W.Rokkor - NL 21mm 1:2.8 Lens and hood Reply with quote

I've had a good time with this lens Click here to see on Ebay but it's time to let it go to make room for the next piece of gear.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the opportunity to buy a Rokkor-X 21mm. It has a small crack on the border of an internal element, thats why im dubituous to buy it. I see this is a very very hard to find lens, thats why im considering it very seriously. What's the difference with the NL version and how do both stand against Zeiss 21mm?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a20010494 wrote:
I have the opportunity to buy a Rokkor-X 21mm. It has a small crack on the border of an internal element, thats why im dubituous to buy it. I see this is a very very hard to find lens, thats why im considering it very seriously. What's the difference with the NL version and how do both stand against Zeiss 21mm?

NL and X Version should be opticaly the same.
The Rokkor have a great edge2edge performance even wide open and good contrast (Minolta pop). Drawback are the some chromatic abberations. But with a good Raw converter like C1 this is no problem.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: a great lens Reply with quote

it's a great lens... even on a crop factor camera the result are amazing...!

[/img]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NL came out in 1971. X in 1972. As far as I've read they are pretty much the same. I think the NL in my opinion was a better looking lens.

The early lenses should have the same coating. Also the X was made for the US markets.

Walter