Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 200mm f/2.8 AR mount on the G1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Soligor 200mm f/2.8 AR mount on the G1 Reply with quote

It looks like "Beauty and the beast". A hughe lens with interesting performance. I like the saturation and colors gotten from it.I hate the size and the weight.

This is the lens:

Mounted on the GF1:

And these some samples (G1):

Regards,

Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a keeper !

I have the f:3.5

Last edited by Olivier on Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Jes! I had also this lens, pretty good one.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats Jes, great results!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timely post there is one I am watching now....you have started my LBA for this lens Very Happy
Oops just noticed yours is the C/D version mine is like Olivers but all black.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments, colleagues.
The colouring is very good and it's quite sharp wide open.
Unfortunately I'm really short of time these days to do a deeper testing, I hope to be able to try it further along the weekend.

Regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jes, nice to see you, and I'm envious of your lovely sunshine and blue skies!

I had a 200 Soligor a while ago. I was very happy with the pictures but it had a stuck aperture so I gave it away. You've made me think I was stupid! Smile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Hi Jes, nice to see you, and I'm envious of your lovely sunshine and blue skies!

I had a 200 Soligor a while ago. I was very happy with the pictures but it had a stuck aperture so I gave it away. You've made me think I was stupid! Smile

Hi Peter!
Nice to see you too!. Do not envy our current weather... Past monday we had a big snowstorm, the biggest ever seen in Barcelona since 1962...
5cm snow all over the city collapsed literally all the traffic.
Just a few samples:

Hopefully next week we'll have the sun back.. Wink

Regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jesito"]
peterqd wrote:

Hi Peter!
Nice to see you too!. Do not envy our current weather... Past monday we had a big snowstorm, the biggest ever seen in Barcelona since 1962...
5cm snow all over the city collapsed literally all the traffic.
Just a few samples:

Hopefully next week we'll have the sun back.. Wink

Regarding the lens, I have to admit that I was giving it no trust (being Soligor branded) but I picked it up because the low price, the AR mount (I was anxious to try the AR adapter for the micro 4/3 cameras) and for the bulky aspect...
And has turned to be not so bad. I have to test it further.

Regards,
Jes.