Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax Sonnar T* 135mm 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:29 am    Post subject: Contax Sonnar T* 135mm 2.8 Reply with quote

I used the sunny afternoon as an oportunity to take a walk with my Sonnar, and made some photos, and here are some results.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series!
it is a pity to photoshop so nice pics, better not touch anything

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The colors are nice, first one seems highly PP'ed.

How about the IQ? Besides the architecture photo, others seem not so sharp to me. Is it my eyes ? Smile

I am interested in this lens, that's why asking...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tharos wrote:
The colors are nice, first one seems highly PP'ed.

How about the IQ? Besides the architecture photo, others seem not so sharp to me. Is it my eyes ? Smile

I am interested in this lens, that's why asking...

The IQ is great, but it was a bit hard to focus people, because I didn't want to get noticed, so the time to focus precisly was short. Besides that, the day was very sunny so I couldn't use the live view as help, because the LCD wasn't brightened enough.

If you want to buy one, don't hesitate, it's an awesome lens.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good images sometimes require the photographer to be seen. This is teh best way to get some expression from the subjects, if that's the purpose ...

In the beginning i shooted the same way, and hesitate to ask people if they agree . By now i care less, but i want to be seen with my camera, and don't "steal" images. So i walk around and when i see a good subject i take the shot Very Happy

Your images though are very good, even if its PP, i do'nt care. And the Sonnar is indeed a great lens. my fav is pic 3. nice work

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The image quality is great in all the pics. I totally get what the others have said, but for me the 1st shot is my favourite. It may not be the best to show off the lens but I love the way you have processed it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 is my selection too, excellent pic!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just purchased one off the ebay Smile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hexi wrote:
Good images sometimes require the photographer to be seen. This is teh best way to get some expression from the subjects, if that's the purpose ...

I completely understand what you're saying. When I shoot far from my home, I do that sometimes. Some of my best photos of people I don't know are done that way.

Congratulations on your purchase, you'll enjoy it very much.