Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking for some colors
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Looking for some colors Reply with quote

Hi everyone. It's been a while.
My photografic inspiration has been very low for some time now. We have had sub-zero temperatures and snow for three months, which is very unusuall for this part of the country. Snow is nice at first, but now it's so deep that is difficult to move about in the terrain without skis.
The dominant color is arctic white. I tried to find objects with at least some colors. The two first shots are with the 135 Sonnar and the others with Nikkor 3.5/28 and 2/50

This is how it normally looks:

At least the other dog has some colors

A red car

Old town

Icicles

More Icicles

Someone left the tap running

Last edited by Sven on Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's some pretty serious snow!

Really love the second dog shot, and the village shots are really great - looks like very well-managed snow Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
That's some pretty serious snow!

Really love the second dog shot, and the village shots are really great - looks like very well-managed snow Wink

Apparently we have to go back to the eighties to find a similar winter in this part of the country. On the other hand, the guys up north have it like this every year so we shouldn't complain.
Even though we are not used to the amounts of snow there is a pretty efficient organisation for clearing the road, so in that sense it's well managed. The main problem seems to have been roofs on barns and sports arenas caving in from the snow load.
Thanks for commenting!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. the dog portrait is awesome!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty cold pictures!!!

I love the RED HOUSE .. is it that which was Jimi Hendrix singing about Smile ?

tf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The red house looks really warm and welcoming in this weather. Cool

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series, old town is beautiful with wooden homes
the 'tap running' is impressive

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for your comments!

Trifox: I can't recall that specific Jimi Hendrix tune. I think he had a Swedish girlfriend though, so I guess he would have been familiar with that style of house.

The paint scheme is pretty typical for old Swedish houses. The paint itself was a bi-product from the copper mining and to some extent it's still being used.

Poilu: The ice from the window looks really odd. The buildning is obviously being demolished, but that shouldn't normally produce such a leakage.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2nd dog shot and all the village shots are amazing!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Martin!
The village shots are taken with the 3.5/28 Nikkor-H. I'm quite happy with that lens.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sven!

I love those swedish houses -- they are so colorful and nice !!

thanks..

tf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old town photo is so surreal it just looks like it has been lifted from a Christmas movie.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trifox, Mo-Fo
Thanks for commenting.
This paint-scheme is still quite common on houses in many parts of the country.
I suppose the snow and the bright red does a lot for the Christmas feeling.