Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

bought my first MF lens! SMC Tak 50 1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: bought my first MF lens! SMC Tak 50 1.4 Reply with quote

The lens is in great shape, little dust inside, but hopefully nothing that will be any problems. Found it at a camera shop for 20 bucks, he said it wouldn't convert, I knew better Very Happy

will post pics once my adapter arrives.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax SMC lenses are very good.

Congrats with your purchase.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smart choice. SMC Tak is fast and sharp. Enjoy it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats jerobean!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good choice! I hear great things about that lens.

I bought my first Pentax MF lens last month, 55mm 2.0. I love it!

What do you guys think, should I get the 50mm 1.4 too? I mean, is there a large difference. I think I have LAS!

Here's an image shot with the 55mm SMC 2.0 at 2.8 with an extension tube.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice, 2.0 looks really sharp. I picked up an extension tube set with the lens too. can't wait.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great first manual lens!! And an absolutely superb price, nice one! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i know, usually it always starts this way (it happened to me almost four years ago, with a Takumar 55/1.8 for a few euros) ... And now i have almost the whole series between 24 and 200mm Twisted Evil ...

Jokes apart Wink , congrats for your bargain with this lens ...

Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The S-M-C 1,4 is my favorite 50 lens in M42 mount.

Congrats to whomm bought it and who asks about if he "must" buy it or not, yes, you do.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great lens to congrats. Make sure you buy plenty more. Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grats mate. I think we're on the same trajectory. I've just started collecting at thrift stores, and for some reason I've got nothing but pentaxes! (And a stray yashica ml). I picked up a 35 3.5 just last night. Slow, but very crisp.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
The S-M-C 1,4 is my favorite 50 lens in M42 mount...

mine too Wink

Kram that is a wonderful photo showing the strenghts of the 2/55.
the characteristics of the 1.4/50 are quite different, less saturated colors but as estudleon once put it, it shows 'reality as it is', I find it perfect for portraits and other rather close focusing photos with good bokeh.

what a great first buy jeroean, congratulations, and what a stunningly cheap prize too!