Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

On a dark and dreary day.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:01 am    Post subject: On a dark and dreary day. Reply with quote

Hard to get the Bigma to focus when the light gets this low.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a rich red color...what part of the bird do you focus on?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo-Fo wrote:
What a rich red color...what part of the bird do you focus on?

I try for the eye but at 30-40 feet away and with their head twitching from side to side and up and down so fast it is very hard sometimes to get a good focus there. Quite often I will shoot 20-30 shots to get one good one.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I will shoot 20-30 shots to get one good one

I have not got that luxury at the moment Very Happy I can't see the eye clear enough I usually focus on the back or anywhere with a clear line...is that a good or bad technique?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoFo, it all depends on the results.. I go for the eye as well, otherwise the twig the bird is standing on if the head is constantly moving. The trickiest pics are when they are inside the foliage.
Good looking bird pics btw Big Dawg. Our birds have been keeping out of the summer sun of late so I'm hoping March has more to offer.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be here The Rosellas are out, the Cockatoos are out all feeding on this one tree,the king Parrots will be out soon enough....I even had what looked like a black Corella or Cockatoo come and sit about a foot away and yes I had the camera but I am hoping the photos come out in my excitement of a close photo Rolling Eyes
Sorry BD I shall try the eye if I can...practice! practice! practice! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks XJ. Mofo it took me 2 1/2 years to get to this state of semi-decency with my bird photos....during that time I have snapped off well over 70-80 thousand photos, most of which were deleted. Now I can get some good ones out of 30 or so. Like you said...Practice. I envy you the great selection of birds in OZ.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bird phtography is definitely one area where digital cameras win over film..
I know what you mean about the keeper rate, although some days you also get the pic of the litter to deal with when our feathery friends are extra co-operative.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to stop buying lens and buy a 2nd hand digital slr Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A temporary halt on lens buying might be in order. With all your Rikoh/PK mount lenses the choice is obvious. Best buy time is when the next DSLR that is upped a bit in specs gets released and the must have coz it's new are fund raising.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my eye on a K100Dsuper that was put up twice for BIN and now is a straight auction comes with a kit lens...resist lens buying is hard Confused I have more M42s than anything else!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those M42 ones will work fine on that K100. Course you'll now be tempted to get those auto focus zooms and primes as well. I'm waiting on the K30D to be released so I can get a used K20D as an upgrade for my heavily used K10D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it ever stop Very Happy