Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor CD 4.5/95-210?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Soligor CD 4.5/95-210? Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone has any information on the Soligor 95-215 4.5 CD lens? Someone locally has it for what seems like a reasonable price but I can't seem to find any information on it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:01 am    Post subject: Re: Soligor CD 4.5/95-210? Reply with quote

svegliando wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has any information on the Soligor 95-215 4.5 CD lens? Someone locally has it for what seems like a reasonable price but I can't seem to find any information on it.

It's probably pretty good. Their 'C/D" line of lenses are their better ones, designed to compete with Vivitar's Series 1 line. But, f/4.5 is kind of slow for a lens of this length. Being that slow, may give you a dim and difficult viewfinder to focus with.

Kiron Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soligors tend to vary in QC. It may be a average to good lens. I rarely see anything steller from Soligor.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Soligors tend to vary in QC. It may be a average to good lens. I rarely see anything steller from Soligor.

Martin

I tend to agree with you. I only ever had one "C/D" Soligor (70-210 f/3.5) but gave it away before testing it. Sad I find that you can't go wrong with any of the first three Vivitar Series 1 70-210's or the Kiron 70-210 f/4.

Kiron Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

I know it's been said before, but there really are so many lenses from which to choose. And while every generation of lenses has its bad ones, it seems that the bad older ones generally perform better than the bad newer lenses, if that makes any sense.

I had really good results with the Soligor CD 35-105/3.5.

I may pick up that 95-210 if it's still available this week. It's cheap enough that if it's not good, it won't exactly break the bank.