Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Please ID these fittings.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Please ID these fittings. Reply with quote

Hi All

I was lucky enough to purchase 4 lenses (all zooms) and a stack of converters from the bay for next to nothing! They were advertised as having Olympus OM fitting but only 2 have the OM fitting.

The 2 that do not fit are these below (see pics). The fitting is close but not enough to click into place.

1: Tamron 80-210mm f3.8-f4 CF Tele Macro
2: Tamron 28-70mm f3.5-f4.5 BBAR MC CF Macro

Again both in very good condition.

Any idea what these fittings are?

I will be testing these lenses and keeping the best ones and selling the rest.

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited by andyw on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one on the right is Fujica X bayonet (FA/X on the mount) and the Tamron on the left should also have a letter code on it - e.g. P/K = Pentax K, M/MD = Minolta etc.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They both have F/AX on the bottom so i just need one adapter!! Cool.

Not that i can find one for my GF1 Sad

Many thanks indeed!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it helps to know, the F/AX is the same registration distance as the Minolta MC/MD - 43.5mm. I do not know if/how the bayonet differs.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unless I am seriously mistaken, those Tamrons are adaptall-2 mount; simply remove the FA/X adapters and use OM adapters (or PK or M42 or ...; Tamron made adapters for many cameras. See http://www.adaptall-2.com/ for further information.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh that's clever!

So you unscrew (dismount) the mount that's there and replace it with the Oly OM one yes?

Thanks very much.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe depress the button?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I depressed the button and the whole ring popped out! Very smart. I think i have ordered a Olympus OM replacement!! Hopefully it should be the right one.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I depressed the button and the whole ring popped out!

Nice when it is easy. Very Happy