Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Got a Mir-20m - Older Non-MC version
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Got a Mir-20m - Older Non-MC version Reply with quote

Here is one that I think might turn a few heads (sorry for the quick and dirty presentation):

Size comparison to to the mir 1, sitting at approximately the same height.

I'm curious to see if the older version will perform with the same degree of color saturation as the newer and without the blue edge flare that Orio has spoken about before. Samples soon!

~Marc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a large lens

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there a filter thread on the inside or it does not exists?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Filters fit on the m42 mount end - nice buy Marc I have wanted one for a while and have often wondered how it performs lokk forward to yuor samples. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It uses back screw on 28mm filters. There are no threads on the front.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My, that's a large one!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw one for sale in a shop in London on Friday, first time I'd seen one in the flesh, and that was my first reaction - it's HUGE!! I was really tempted but I thought the price was too high.

I'm anxious to see your results too Marc, and compare with the Flek.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait for samples... how it's behave? I read that 20/2.5 performs much better. So lets have a look.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll see. I'll remind everyone that I'm a film user, so turn-around time is a bit slower. But I'll update the thread asap.

As to the comparison to the f2.5, I can't say that I've ever read a source that said it was "much better," just different. Perhaps slightly sharper, more controlled distortion, and more neutrality to shots but this is honestly from one person (Orio). Not many people own both, so anyone making assumptions on the other I tend not to listen to.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
We'll see. I'll remind everyone that I'm a film user, so turn-around time is a bit slower. But I'll update the thread asap.

As to the comparison to the f2.5, I can't say that I've ever read a source that said it was "much better," just different. Perhaps slightly sharper, more controlled distortion, and more neutrality to shots but this is honestly from one person (Orio). Not many people own both, so anyone making assumptions on the other I tend not to listen to.

You're right. Hard to compare till those two aren't compared by one person which owns both. f3,5 is more expensive so that is the second point of question if it really deserves that price. =)
Found some comparisons after long searching:
http://www.mail-archive.com/pdml@pdml.net/msg48496.html