Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

World Superbikes at Phillip Island, Leica 180/3.4 APO
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: World Superbikes at Phillip Island, Leica 180/3.4 APO Reply with quote

I went to the WSBK on Sunday, i packed my Sigma SD14 and Leica 180/3.4 APO into my tank bag to try my luck at capturing these missiles. here are 2 images.

C&C welcome

Here is the complete image..

Crop..

Complete image..

Crop..

The more i use this lens the more i enjoy it. It is so light and compact, it is a joy to use.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work! Motorsport is an area I'd love to get involve with. Did you need to throw away many shots and were you pre-focusing? Thanks Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,

Great stuff!! I'm glad the winter hiatus is coming to an end for MotoGP, F1 and WSBK!! I'm planning on going down to Malaysia for the MotoGP later this year and will definitely bring all my gear to get some good shots!

Wilson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments guys,

I took about 160 shots in total, i have kept 90. I was pre focusing, but as i also had to pan to time the shot, the pre focusing didn't leave much room for error due to the speed of the bikes and fairly short lens. Good fun though.

Look forward to some of your shots Wilson, it will be very humid and hot, i hope the weather gods are kind to you.

Here are a couple more shots..

Quite a few ended up looking like this....

Headless Riders Laughing and bloody photog in the background

I am really happy with this one considering manual focus @ 1/200 with a very fast moving subject..