Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Please help me to reunite my Weltblick
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Please help me to reunite my Weltblick Reply with quote

About a week ago, I discovered that the mount part of my 135mm f/3.5 Weltblick lens did come loose.

You can only tighten that by removing the focusing barrel. The focussing barel (part B in the image below) is attached to the lens by a heliod coil (part A in the image below) that at the same time functions as an attachment to the mount part (part C in the image below).

I've been fiddling around for more than a week now, but cannot make a working union.

I start by attaching A and B (because this gives me a reference point for infinity focus). Next I try to attach the combi to part C, but it never works: focussing the lens unscrews to a certain extend the coil (part A).

Could one of you please help me, because I really want to make photo's with my Weltblick.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I am stating the obvious...patience is the key here I lost mine and broke the lens when I was oh so close to getting it back together.I have a soligor 200mm post some where in the repair section I think it was B to C only turn one and a half turns then A to B+C one turning in one direction and the other going the other way.The one and a half turns is the key as it draws both pieces together with the bit left over for focusing room.
I wish my memory was better but I am sure someone will add to this help.

This is my post about the soligor
http://forum.mflenses.com/how-do-you-screw-2-halves-of-the-lens-back-together-t21764,highlight,soligor+repair.html

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

many many Thanks Mo-Fo.

Will try your method this weekend and report back.

Kind regards, Rense

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bingo that was the trick.
I've got a working Weltblick, only nigging part: distance scale is way off.Crying or Very sad

Here is an image from my indoor->outdoor test object:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That I found was the hard part to get the scale right but I don't think impossible if you are willing to fiddle with it a bit more and mark what works and what does not.I broke mine so can not do the last adjustment but I learnt a lot and understand how this certain lens works.
Good news that you have it back together. Very Happy