Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax Aria
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Contax Aria Reply with quote

Hi everyone.

Just received today my Aria body. All i can say is : WOW.

First, the camera look : great, compact, lightweight, good handling. It is as the seller stated in almost new conditon, he tooked about 30 rolls before switching to digital in 2001 (:

Secondly : no scratches, no dings, NOTHING ! The ( bright ) viewfinder is crystal clean, the seller also changes the focusing screen to all matte , my fav. Amazing. I just wait for the batteries and it'll get its Foma film right after being filled.

I am more than happy ...

I'll post pix, and am also curious if there are any other Aria users here, past or actual for giving me their thoughts on this camera.

Thanx for reading Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are sweet.
Mine is a 70Jahre in silver.
I've punished it a bit from use. Some collector eh?
One of the best Contax screens available.
Nice light body but, too light for the bigger lenses.
Enjoy Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx F16. I don't plan to use heavy lenses, moslty the Planar 50mm.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't own a Aria but my friend. It's a great gear. Yes, please post. Mike

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Aria, too, is a 70 Year edition, and it's a peach to use and handle. Its handling is as good as the 159MM, which is one of the most pleasant Contaxes to use. I like the Aria with the Vario-Sonnar 35-70mm. Some think it too light to hold the longer lenses, although I've used it with the 180mm Sonnar with no problem. A nice lens to mount on the Aria is the slim 45mm 'Pancake' Tessar.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the pictures of the beauty Cool

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

A little up to say that i've tested today ( with damn joy ) this camera on a town trip with another photographer.

WOW this camera is just amazing in use. It actually ate the whole Foma in 4 hours Laughing
Focusing perfect, vf clear and huge, hence the focusing is easy. Light oh damn how cool it is . shutter sound : soft. incredible .

That made me loved film shootng even more, if ever needed Very Happy
i'll post pix soon, i've also found a good lab too during this trip.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's all about the ergos, right? nice looking camera ...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats !!!