Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First Test Images, Pentax SMC 55mm 1:2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: First Test Images, Pentax SMC 55mm 1:2 Reply with quote

Thanks to you guys, I am happily enjoying my first Pentax lens since 1980! What a sweet lens! Bought for $14, refurbed even, from a camera shop via ebay.

Shot on a Canon 30D, wide open, no lens hood.

100% crop.

Still waiting on my Tair 11-A from the Ukraine (20 days now!).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha! composition works well there with the glitzy bokeh balls. I for one enjoy active bokeh (ie with stronger edge lighting). Some call it harsh, I call it interesting. Focus plane seems sharp, contrast looks good too.

K.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love your crop, Kram. SMC Tak is a reliable lens, as least to me. Mike

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 50mm f/2's and 55mm f/2's are passed over for the "faster" lens of 1.7 or 1.4. I myself like the 50mm f/2's for the slightly softer IQ as this works very well for portraits. The bokeh balls has very smooth edges to it too. Nicely done my friend. Wait till you shoot outside. That lens works well there too.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lens and a neat capture....the two best places to have a package mailed from to the US, to test your patience are Canada and the Ukraine....what I want to know is how come it only takes four days to get a package from London to the Pacific Northwest and two weeks to get a package from Ontario.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boomer Depp, wow, looks worth the wait!

Day 21: Waiting for the Tair 11-A My Ukrainian lens dealer, I mean seller, assures me that there hasn't been enough time yet, and that he's sure it will arrive. I guess I'll give it nine more days before I get snarly.

Big Dawg, can't wait to shoot her outdoors. I'm moving into a new studio so it'll be a few weeks.