Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Albinar 28mm f2.8 lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Albinar 28mm f2.8 lens Reply with quote

I bought an Albinar 28mm wide angle lens off of Ebay for 5.99 US. I was wondering how good a lens it is. Question

I'm still curious about the quality. But I guess it dosen't matter now.
Because he dropped it while packing it. Crying or Very sad

He's replacing it with A Minolta 28mm lens. Very Happy For the price i paid I will be happy. Just wondering which lens it is.
I'm not goung to ask, I will just let it be a surprise.
Walter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone has used the Albinar 28mm f2.8 let me know. I really know nothing about Albinar, and I wondered how good there lenses are.

Thanks Walter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albinar was a trade name in the 60-70's for low-end photographic equipment. They did not make their own lenses. They sold rebranded lenses manufactured by various companies such as Tokio Koki (Tokina), Sun, and a few others. I had a few Albinar 135 and 200mm lenses that looked exactly as their counterparts marked Acura and Prinz Galaxy. Expect adequate build quality, cheap optical performance and, most of the time, single coating (I believe Albinar as a mark existed before MC in inexpensive glass became the norm). A Minolta lens (*any* Minolta lens in reasonably good condition) is going to be better than the Albinar.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like I got a free upgrade to a better lens.The Minolta he said is in execlent condition.

Thanks for the info. I think I will stick to the lenses I know from now on.
Or ask here first.

But it's hard to pass up a bargain.

Thanks again Walter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received the Minolta lens today.Seems to be in perfect condition. Came with a rear cap and no front cap. I need to order a few anyway.

I think I will be really happy with this lens.I can't wait to shoot some pics with it.

But,I haven't used any of the newer Monolta lenses.
So please tell me your oppinion of this lens.

Here is an identical lens to mine that is on Ebay.Tell me what you think.

Thanks Walter

http://cgi.ebay.com/Minolta-28mm-f2-8-MD-Wide-Lens-for-XG-XD-X-370-X-700_W0QQitemZ380166030244QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCamera_Lenses?hash=item5883a943a4