Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lens Marking Question: Contax 100mm 2.8 Makro-Planar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:47 am    Post subject: Lens Marking Question: Contax 100mm 2.8 Makro-Planar Reply with quote

Hey guys,

New lens and I'm definitely sticking with my favorite lens design, the Planar!

I've been doing a ton of infinity shooting with my 85 and love it, but now I'm going with a floating element and some close range capabilities where my 85 is lacking with the Makro-Planar 100mm f2.8.

Thrilled with the results so far but my question is how to interpret the engravings on the barrel of the lens. I understand that the horizontal red markings are your magnification ratios. The ones I'm confused about are the vertical white markings, which seem to correspond to the aperture, is this calculating the stop loss as the tube gets extended?

Still not quite sure how to read these markings, here's a bad cell phone picture but I'm sure those who have the lens will know what I'm talking about. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the white lines are for the depth of field