Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Foma 400 / Xtol (AF!!)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Foma 400 / Xtol (AF!!) Reply with quote

Just a couple of samples, I may be getting the hang of Xtol (this batch was films #5 and 6 out of the 12 I should get from a liter).

FA 43/1.9 on a Pentax ZX-L auto everything camera. Actually these may be the first good results from the ZX-L as well... Rolling Eyes I suppose there is a place for a modern AF film body. God knows it's too light to serve as a door stop Laughing

1200DPI Epson 4490 scan. Spotting in ps Elements, resize to 1024pix by flickr.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice results, I may need to try this XTOL.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, there you go.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking. As soon as I've exhausted my seemingly never ending supply of Rodinal I'm mixing up some Fomadon Excel (Foma's xtol clone) Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excel is the Xtol variant I'm using - it wasn't difficult to mix and so far works well. The nice thing is that it comes in 1 liter packets. But if I were to become a true Xtol-head, I'd mix a big batch and do the self-replenishing thing.