Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Since I can't go anywhere.......part 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Since I can't go anywhere.......part 2 Reply with quote

more of my boring photos...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not boring BD pretty good I take it the Hawk in 1 and 2 is some form of Buzzard? And what is the little red bird in 3 we don't get them like that here Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg - I'm really bored of looking at these colourful, well-composed shots of many birds that I've never seen before. Can you stop posting them before I fall asleep! I jest of course Laughing

Really good captures. You did well to expose the 1st ones.

Our buzzards are quite a bit darker. There's loads where I live, but I've yet to get a keeper.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poolhall wrote:
Not boring BD pretty good I take it the Hawk in 1 and 2 is some form of Buzzard? And what is the little red bird in 3 we don't get them like that here Very Happy

Red Tail Hawk in the first two Poolhall. The third one is a cardinal with his crest raised. In fact all the red ones are Male Cardinals. So named for the Cardinal red color.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Big Dawg - I'm really bored of looking at these colourful, well-composed shots of many birds that I've never seen before. Can you stop posting them before I fall asleep! I jest of course Laughing

Really good captures. You did well to expose the 1st ones.

Our buzzards are quite a bit darker. There's loads where I live, but I've yet to get a keeper.

High Martin. Not a Vulture but rather a Raptor. A Red Tail Hawk. They are not above scavenging but normally they hunt for mice, rabbits and small birds like the dove.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks BD the Red Tail Hawk is great -very different to our Buzzards they mainly eat dead stuff- and I have heard of the Cardinals just never seen a real one before so its great to get the chance Nice one Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also a great series of shots! Nevertheless get well soonest!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poolhall wrote:
Thanks BD the Red Tail Hawk is great -very different to our Buzzards they mainly eat dead stuff- and I have heard of the Cardinals just never seen a real one before so its great to get the chance Nice one Very Happy

Thanks Poolhall.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
also a great series of shots! Nevertheless get well soonest!

Thank you Klaus. I'm trying to get well. Pain is almost all gone.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep them coming...no boredom here Very Happy Nice hawk shot...did all the cardinals disappear when it showed up?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo-Fo wrote:
Keep them coming...no boredom here Very Happy Nice hawk shot...did all the cardinals disappear when it showed up?

Yep...they always do.