Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Hasselblad Launced
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: New Hasselblad Launced Reply with quote

Summary:

Hasselblad launched its entry level medium format H4D-40 today. This 40 Megapixel camera is using a 33x44mm CCD (about double the side of a fullframe 35mm) and is retailing at near US$20,000 with a 80mm lens.

Last edited by my_photography on Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:18 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, but at the anticipated price levels, the Pentax 645D will crush them...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget that the name HASSELBLAD alone is worth a 50% premium!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it strange... For years a Hasselblad 500C/M was my dream camera. Now that I can afford one it doesn't appeal to me at all. Will Hasselblad survive? Confused

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess their survival will not depend on you buying a 500CM or not - or did you mean sth else??

Kidding aside, I guess the PRO market will decide upon them. The Leica S2 will certainly be a new rival (my friend Marco Cavina tested one in Italy a few days ago and was blown away...!!).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$20k US is entry level? Yeah, I suppose. Like an "entry level" Aston Martin or something -- it's still gonna be expensive.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Interesting, but at the anticipated price levels, the Pentax 645D will crush them...

Probably when the Pentax 645D will be released we will use artificial eyes technology considering that rumors about the 645D are out since about 5 years ago and no real camera had ever been presented. Laughing

We'll see in March, but I could bet that the project will be "strangely" delayed again.

About the Hassy 500CM sooner or later I'd get it just to use the marvellous Zeiss MF lenses. Get a good scanner and you can kick the shit out of everything digital still.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, the 645D was - and still is! - vaporware. But I expect it to come this time.

I've heard good news today about the marketshare of Pentax in Japan. The K-7 and K-x cameras have together a 10,3% market share there. Not bad for a company that's doomed, eh? And, what's most interesting: both Olympus and Sony aren't in the top-10, but both the K-7 and K-x are. And december 2009 was equally good (a little less market share). So I suspect there's more than enough money to finally come out with a 645D. It will happen between now and april, mark my words Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
It will happen between now and april, mark my words Smile

All these are beyond my level but why not, the more the merrier since I am sure the 35mm market will also want to come out with more camera to fight with the medium format guys.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:
About the Hassy 500CM sooner or later I'd get it just to use the marvellous Zeiss MF lenses. Get a good scanner and you can kick the shit out of everything digital still.

+1 :: Not only do you get to use the old lenses and scan the negs, if you really want (and can afford it), just stick a CF-22/39 digi-back on the 500C/M, and you've got a pretty serious digital system. And the Hasselblad Flextight X series scanners are in another league altogether when it comes to scanning Wink

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great relief to know the silly money market is alive and well.

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a lot cheaper than the Rollei Hy6's original price of $39K and it's only 39MP.

Can't afford either but I'm happy with my SL-66, the best medium format camera ever.

Wink