Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Since I can't go anywhere.......
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject: Since I can't go anywhere....... Reply with quote

Just had a resection of my prostate so I'm not allowed to drive, work or go on trips. I'm restricted to picking up less than 10 pounds and cannot strain or bend over or do most anything for a while. This stricture has me going through cabin fever....so today I talked my wife into letting me sit on the front porch and shoot some photos ...From a tripod of all things......she set it up and I used it and here they are...several sets here. Humor me...I'm in pain...LOL

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely photos on all three threads. Sorry to hear about your health. Wish you a speedy recovery.

You have a great neighbourhood.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get well soon BD and keep posting these fun pics. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are some very nice birdies. Maybe tripods agree with you ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish you a speedy recovery. I also wish I could enjoy this much of nature's wonders from my apartment window, my view is restricted to clouds and rooftops only

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BIG D.

Yes, I wish you be well soon and also ...

these small birds make you happy for sure. Smile
and we're glad to see these pictures!

thanks for sharing..

thannks

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone. I am glad you enjoyed these.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad's got similar restrictions on his movement for similar reasons. It sounds like you loving wife is a decent sport playing camera kit porter.
As per usual your bird pics from the porch are most enjoyable.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the position BD just lent my bro in law my scanner so he can deal with his collection of slides while he is in a similar situation to you Very Happy You got some good shots there -is it the Sigma again? 3,4,5,and 6 are excellent maybe you'll find it easier if you cant move so much the birds will get used to you and perch on the lens Very Happy Speedy recovery anyway and keep posting I love seeing different birds to ours here Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xjjohnno wrote:
My dad's got similar restrictions on his movement for similar reasons. It sounds like you loving wife is a decent sport playing camera kit porter.
As per usual your bird pics from the porch are most enjoyable.

Thanks XJ. Hope your Dad has a speedy recovery. The wife wanted me out of the house I believe is the reason for the help!! LOL

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poolhall wrote:
I understand the position BD just lent my bro in law my scanner so he can deal with his collection of slides while he is in a similar situation to you Very Happy You got some good shots there -is it the Sigma again? 3,4,5,and 6 are excellent maybe you'll find it easier if you cant move so much the birds will get used to you and perch on the lens Very Happy Speedy recovery anyway and keep posting I love seeing different birds to ours here Very Happy

Thanks Poolhall. Yes it's the Bigma again with one or two from my Meyer-Gorlitz 300mm f/4 and my Sigma APO 1.4 TC. The wife hates the Meyer 300 as it weighs so much.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great shots indeed - get well soon!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have my sympathies Ed, hope you heal soon & are up & about soon as well....I had BPH surgery a few years back. It left me incontinent. From there, I had to have my bladder neck re-sectioned & then once healed, a sling placed to fix the incontinence ( they had to physically cut me on the outside on that surgery, instead of going in the other way as they had on the previous surgeries). I was out of work for 6 months. The incontinence is pretty much fixed, however, I suffer from pain in my scrotum. I take Gabapentin, which takes the edge off of the pain, but it's still with me a year later...I have managed to live with it...Hope your case turns out better...On another note, I have noticed the birds have really returned over the last few weeks as well. Plus the buds are getting bigger on the trees..Spring is just around the corner !!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I appreciate the comments.