Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IFBAGOR 35 & 135
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: IFBAGOR 35 & 135 Reply with quote

Does anybody know this brand ? Shocked

Here are 2 offers :
one for a 135mm f3.5 http://www.metoyoo.com/ficheobjet.php?NumObjet=uwKvYCXurn66EQfpW3145
and one for a 35mm f2.8 http://www.metoyoo.com/ficheobjet.php?NumObjet=YGQr5qtq5xHcQLq4W3144

1st time I ever heard of these lenses and I can't find anything on the web.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like silver Tamrons - probably Adaptall-1.

IFBAGOR brings up hardly any non-French pointers on Google, and was used at least into the late AF age - it probably was or still is the house brand of some French mail order or store chain.

Sevo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think either one is Tamron, although the quality of the illustrations isn't too great. The shape seems wrong to me. I'm sure we sold something similar in the UK in the 1970s branded as AICO - importer was Apparatus and Instruments Company. Relatively inexpensive line, cheaper than Tamron/Vivitar, more expensive than Prinz/Hanimex.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Illustrations aren't great, that's true. Prices aren't great also (I mean they're too expensive).
Thanks both for your thinkings. Wink

Their silver painting make me think about a silver Prinzflex 200mm I have.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a (black, though) Tamron Adaptall 135/2.8 with a similar aperture display window I haven't encountered anywhere else - but you may be right, if we assume that the index mark and ear are invisible in the images, the adapter socket might be T4 rather than Adaptall.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sevo wrote:
Looks like silver Tamrons - probably Adaptall-1.

Yep.

Sevo wrote:
IFBAGOR brings up hardly any non-French pointers on Google, and was used at least into the late AF age - it probably was or still is the house brand of some French mail order or store chain.

You are right. Ifba (and its derivatives Ifbagor, Ifbagon, Ifbaflex, etc.) was a distributor brand available in the "Flash" stores, a chain of photo stores (like Revue or Porst in Germany) that was active in France in the 1960s and 1970s. The rebranded gear was usually made by Tamron, Cosina or Chinon. Flash stores were aggressively distributing their catalog in the mailboxes all around the country. This brand brings back lots of memories. I remember as a teenager I was drooling while browsing through the pages packed with dream cameras and lenses -- would you believe, they even had a 400mm lens... Alas, I had no money to buy this kind of equipment, and I was condemned to spend my weekends on my bicycle shooting all around Paris with my modest Voigtländer Vitoret loaded with Ilford HP4...

Here's a link to a page about Flash on a French site: http://www.collection-appareils.fr/flash/html/catalogues.php

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Abbaz for all these informations.

Are you french ?
I already saw your signature with a sentence from Cardinal de Retz and was already wondering.

Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
Thanks a lot Abbaz for all these informations.

You're welcome.

Olivier wrote:
Are you french ?

Oui. I was born in Paris and lived there for 27 years.

Olivier wrote:
I already saw your signature with a sentence from Cardinal de Retz and was already wondering.

This sentence dating back from the 17th Century was quoted by Henri Cartier-Bresson in the foreword of his famous book "Images à la sauvette." It was such a good match for the subject of the book that "The Decisive Moment" was chosen as the title of the English edition of the book.

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's a perfect match !

It's beautiful to understand the parallel between this 17th century sentence about life and its wonderful match in the world of photography.

Cheers. Smile