Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

[WTB] film holders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: [WTB] film holders Reply with quote

I am looking for 5x7 and 8x10 film holders. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I am also looking for 4x5, 5x7 and 8x10 glass holders. Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What type? There are a gazillion of different standards - and plate holders at least will probably not be recent "International/Graphic" standard.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question. I don't know. The situation is as follow. Having SinarP with 4x5. 5x7. 8x10 backs I decided to make some research including glass plates. I bought already 12 glass plates (4x5) but don't have holders. There are a lot of formulas to make emulsion. Having enlarger maximum for 4x5 negatives I have to stay so far with 5x7 and 8x10 contact prints. I know that for glass plates was standard that everything is "no standard". But my friend will help me to develop glass holders from wood but I have something as a sample.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sinar always has the modern, "International" back. But it can be near impossible to find glass plate holders for that - the more so in bigger sizes, where the few existing ones have been almost completely absorbed by the self-coating alternative process crowd.

There are a couple of small boutique companies (or rather, individuals) that make wooden film and glass plate holders to measure - the LF forum should provide pointers to them. But these will easily cost as much as 50 clean 4x5 film holders...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need the samples then my friend do the rest. He already build wooden view camera

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update. I've bought glass holders for 5x7, still hunting for 4x5, 8x10.