Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Watering Can
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Watering Can Reply with quote

Canon 40D with Canon 135mm F2.8 soft focus lens (SF turned off). Convert to B&W in Adobe Bridge & slight blue tone added.

200iso @ F2.8

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats Martin
can you show some with soft focus on

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice image and well converted the B+W is very natural-if I can say that? As Poilu says it would be good to see some with the sf on to give a comparison but the lens looks pretty good so far Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch this space. Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this photograph, it makes me stare at it and wonder what the surroundings were like. It is timeless, for some reason to me it feels like it was taken in the 1800's. This may be a good one to sepia tone.

Congrats on the lens, keep putting it to good use!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting shot. Seems like we are traveling back into the past.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, the location was at the back of a church. Perhaps I should add some film grain.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grain is fine I think it looks good as it is Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Perhaps I should add some film grain.

In my strong, biased and strictly personal opinion: No!

Digital B&W is another medium than film B&W. Trying to emulate film by photoshopping film grain into a digital picture is one of the worst things you can do, in my opinion.
Film has grain, which can add or distract from the picture. Digital has noise, which again can add or distract from the picture. If the noise bothers you, by all means take it out.

However, in digital B&W I often just leave the noise there, because it doesn't bother me. It looks very different from film grain, but again, it's a different medium.

DPP RAW / monochrome picture style, no noise reduction

Of course, it's your image, so you should do what you like best Smile