Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kowa 55m f/1.0 u4/3 lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:27 am    Post subject: Kowa 55m f/1.0 u4/3 lens Reply with quote

Kowa lens? who is this manufacturer?

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bogolisk!

I've seen two or three examples of this lens, one without any mount or iris. All on eBay. They seem to be, a sort of TV CRT projection lens, like the Heligons? One buyer had a buy it now for a lot more than this will fetch!

A handy person may have equipped the lens block with a focus scale, iris and connector.

Very large, heavy lens. Ask the vendor for provenance, weight size closest focus distance, infinity etc. The sample pic seems true of the Heligons I have seen, all on the web.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kowa-Cine-Lens-95mm-f1-4-Optical-Block-Clean-For-Parts_W0QQitemZ320487258856QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCamera_Lenses?hash=item4a9e877ae8

This is possibly an example of the partner lens, as two are needed for use in the electron gun, focussing them pesky electrons! Putting Kowa into an eBay search on the US site brought out quite a few, of different types but some similar to the one you refer to. Quite a few, even much faster, but none with a sample pic! There are threads on this and other sites on the Heligons, and they may help to understand what this lens can do. Kowa make very fine photographic lenses, but these may be home made. Useable if to your taste.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely converted lens, but I doubt the IQ of that one. The test image looks pretty bad to me though.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Nicely converted lens, but I doubt the IQ of that one. The test image looks pretty bad to me though.

agree, the test image looks awful.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Kowa 55m f/1.0 u4/3 lens Reply with quote

bogolisk wrote:
Kowa lens? who is this manufacturer?

http://www.camerapedia.org/wiki/Kowa

I always think of them as the company that made auxiliary w/a and tele lenses for other makes of fixed lens cameras. Nothing high quality in my experience.