Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hanimex 21/3.8 some experience?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Hanimex 21/3.8 some experience? Reply with quote

I have been trying to find more facts on web but unsuccessfully. I found some possitive facts about this manufacturer in this forum but nothing specific about this piece. Would be better if somebody who use or own this glass can describe it closer. I read many about CZJ lenses and many advices from here. I know that flek 20/4 would be best to buy but seems to me not as cheap as it was at past. We are talking about M42 mount. If somebody can make offer from this wide range would be more than kind.
Thanks for any help and suggestion.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the Tokina made 21/3.8, as usual with that manufacturer these were sold under many brands including Hanimex. The original version of this, which I have, had a 72mm filter.

The one I have (Soligor brand, 72mm filter) is not a very good lens. It has plenty of distortion, flares a lot, has poor corners even on crop-sensor DSLR and is not very sharp unless you stop down to f/8 or so.

Its certainly not a Flektogon.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I afraid or what I can expect. Thanks for advice. I should rather start to save money.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were other versions that I have not tried, what I am saying refers just to that old lens.

If you have a picture we can identify it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's this one. If I magnify I would sad that looks like tomioka finish. Multicoating nothing special. What I can add. It's solitary pic. No others.
Cheers.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like the early Tokina version.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I let it go. Thank you.