Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

WTB: Pentax *istD body
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: WTB: Pentax *istD body Reply with quote

Should be all functioning, with low mileage ideally...

Last edited by kds315* on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

btw. correct it is *istD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danke Andreas!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Danke Andreas!

Klaus ... why are you longing for this lowly Pentax *istD body?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hk300 wrote:
kds315* wrote:
Danke Andreas!

If I were to guess, the ttl flash metering with mf lenses would be the #1 reason. It can also do the p-ttl flash but isn't compatible with m42, M or k lenses. Another reason would be the prism and viewfinder. There's also the magic green button. It is also one of the very few Pentax dSLR that not only shoots RAW and jpg but tiff as well.

All of those things make it a good m42 & mf platform as well as a dedicated macro body Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hk300 wrote:
kds315* wrote:
Danke Andreas!

Blue is spot on! The viewfinder is superb! Almost as good as a 35mm slr ...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main reason is to use my (many) M42 lenses without unprecise adaptors. Since I shoot
mainly in "M" mode, I don't need fancy funtions, but TTL flash IS helpful at times (macro especially).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also small, and has excellent controls (dual wheel, knob to set iso/mode/wb without going through the menus). I know as I have one. Smile

Its only problems, apart from the low-Mp but excellent sensor, are the low res screen and its slow write times.