Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A few shots with a Vivitar 85mm f/1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: A few shots with a Vivitar 85mm f/1.4 Reply with quote

I shoot birds mainly and this lens is not really made for that...but I decided to try it this way till I get some subjects for a portrait or two.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get some nice birds there. The Cardinals in particular seem nice subjects. Get the 400mm's out, set up your hide, and take a beer break out there in the afternoons - or early morning.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
You get some nice birds there. The Cardinals in particular seem nice subjects. Get the 400mm's out, set up your hide, and take a beer break out there in the afternoons - or early morning.

Just trying out the new lens....using a 400 or 500mm would be like cheating and would not let you see how this lens does...Oh yeah...these were shot at f/22.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Here I was thinking the cardinals were tiny birds...thanks for giving us a better perspective. We have the superb blue wren which is a golf ball with tail, I was putting the cardinal in the same small bird category Rolling Eyes
It also shows how red it really is Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
luisalegria wrote:

Just trying out the new lens....using a 400 or 500mm would be like cheating and would not let you see how this lens does...Oh yeah...these were shot at f/22.

The lens produces some nice colours alright, but as a fast portrait lens, these aren't the kind of birds I'd be shooting Wink

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo-Fo wrote:
Very Happy Here I was thinking the cardinals were tiny birds...thanks for giving us a better perspective. We have the superb blue wren which is a golf ball with tail, I was putting the cardinal in the same small bird category Rolling Eyes
It also shows how red it really is Shocked

The cardinal is fist sized. I quite often have to desaturate their photo as they are such a bright red the camera can't handle it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrek wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:
luisalegria wrote:

The lens produces some nice colours alright, but as a fast portrait lens, these aren't the kind of birds I'd be shooting Wink

I agree....but my wife has all the guns so I will decline the temptation.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
Shrek wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:
luisalegria wrote:

I agree....but my wife has all the guns so I will decline the temptation.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cardinals are fascinating birds. they mate for life.

that last one, the titmouse, is one of my favorites.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting lens and great value for money. It's too long for me on a crop body, but I may consider it if I upgrade to a FF DSLR. Unless I get lucky with a Swirlios.

Shrek wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
An interesting lens and great value for money. It's too long for me on a crop body, but I may consider it if I upgrade to a FF DSLR. Unless I get lucky with a Swirlios.

Shrek wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Swirlios = Helios?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
Swirlios = Helios?

Yup! Wink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:
Swirlios = Helios?

Yup! Wink

Then I hope you get lucky my friend.