Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tessar 50/2.8 with Exacta bayonet transmitted to M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Tessar 50/2.8 with Exacta bayonet transmitted to M42 Reply with quote

Recently I exchanged my Tessar 50/3.5, taken long ago from Praktica (M40) to Tessar 50/2.8 with Exacta bayonetЖ

http://www.penta-club.ru/forum/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=75400

It had been decorated with the very strange, home made adaptor upon M39. It is too long for the mirrors, and too short for the rangefinders (Like Zorky).However, it is possible, that with some shorter macro ring it may fit that kind of cameras.
I cut the adapter (which was glued!) and started to explore the possibility to transmit it to M42. It happened to be the very easy task. I used the adapter ring M39 to M42, which came exactly like it was born for this task. Only I needed the two pieces of electrical tape to make it tighter.

See the picture:

http://www.penta-club.ru/forum/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=75401

Also I had to take out from the internals one adjusting ring to lover the optical block.
Now it works fine.
The experience shows the way for easy transmitting of lenses from Exacta mount to M42
I also disassembled the optical block, to clean the lenses. Discovered, that the clearances had been very fine. It was quite difficult to take lenses out of the place, and even more difficult to put it back. Looks like it had been engineered with the clearance of finest particulars of the millimeter.
After cleaning I did the first test comparing with Industar 61 MC.
The Industar is more contrast, and the saturation of colors is evidently better. However the Tessar is giving slightly better micro sharpness.