Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

minolta a5 icecapades (a5 now for sale)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: minolta a5 icecapades (a5 now for sale) Reply with quote

these three did not catch my eye the first several times i looked at them. what do you think, especially the first one, whose focus is on one tiny spot - that little island in the middle of the creek. all bw400cn, rokkor 45/2.8 (what else? it's a fixed lens), walgreens processing and scanning:

i just did not notice all the detail in this one before:

on this one, i wish i had focused on the foreground, not the tin roof:

Last edited by fish4570 on Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good shots. The slight tone seems to suit these. Were there applied or did you scan in colour?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walgreens drug store does my processing and scanning. it has fuji processing and scanning equipment. so if there is a bluish tone, either the film does that with ice or it's the walgreens machinery.
thanks for the compliment.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

film is kodak bw400cn.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atmospheric shots - the first especially seems vintage.

Which brings to mind - and this is not a complaint about your images, just an observation from my own photography and that of others... wellll,, ok these ones too Wink - the difficulty of holding holistic clarity in a busy photo with small formats. In my experience, I have to have the 35mm camera (or digital) on a tripod, with a cable release, to have a shot at keeping the detail from becoming... busy, unsettling, too harsh. With medium format, and those who are fortunate to have a real (big) camera, it is this sort of detail that tends to not get so busy, unsettling, harsh. It is an interesting thing to me.

A long way of saying: I bet #3 would have been better if you were lugging a nice 6x7 or 6x9 120 cam Wink

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Evil I know: planting a seed...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nooooooooooo, no larger format! noooooooooooooooo, do not tempt me!

but i think i will start using a tripod for such shots, so i can use much longer shutter speeds, and much smaller apertures on early morning and late evening shots.

must ... keep ... things ... simple ... Confused

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Oh, but a nice TLR, maybe with a close-up lens, for those mini landscapes, or a good Bessa 6x9 for the majesty... Twisted Evil Really, your style of photography deserves proper tools... maybe a modern 645... or check out Bill's Koni Omegas, there's a proper tool to use... The best thing about these is 8 - 10 - 12 - 16 shots and you're out of film, you get to develop it right quick, mmm... and scanning's easy, you only have to fight the dust...

Rolling Eyes OK I'll behave. You have a bessa R coming. Really, I'm jealous Wink

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Surprised