Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Spotmatic Rubber Eyepiece
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Spotmatic Rubber Eyepiece Reply with quote

As I wear spectacles a rubber eyepiece is important to me but I don't like the Pentax circular ones as they have to be removed in order to open the camera back. A friend of mine has a Nikon D40 DSLR and the standard eyepiece (DK-16) is a perfect fit for my Spotmatics and I'm sure many other old SLR's. It is rectangular in shape but doesn't have to be removed from the camera.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info - I use a Nikon magnifying eyepiece on the K100D; perhaps this means my spare K100D regular eyepiece will work on the Spottie...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Nikon DK-16 eyecup is also a perfect fit on a Chinon CM-3 as well.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
Thanks for the info - I use a Nikon magnifying eyepiece on the K100D; perhaps this means my spare K100D regular eyepiece will work on the Spottie...

It is a different size. The watershed was with the M series cameras. The original K-series film/bayonet cameras (KM, KX, K2 and K1000) had the same size viewfinder fitting as the earlier Pentax M42 cameras. All the M series cameras (ME, ME Super, MV, MX, MG etc.) onwards up to the current digital models have a slightly larger viewfinder fitting. It isn't huge and I have seen, for example, people butcher older refconverters to fit the later size.

Best wishes, Kris.