Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leica Summicron-M 35mm f/2.0 6 elements (Germany)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Leica Summicron-M 35mm f/2.0 6 elements (Germany) Reply with quote

Hi,

Excellent condition (especially for its age), only showing small signs of use.
Optically mint and mechanically perfect.

This lens is made in Germany, which is more valuable than the versions made in Canada.

Both original caps are included and they are in mint condition.

750€, delivered inside the European Union, with full insurance.

Some days ago, one of these was sold for $1199 on ebay and it was a version made in Canada:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Leica-Summicron-35mm-f2-m2-m8-m9-35-mm_W0QQitemZ190371282817QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCamera_Lenses?hash=item2c53033f81

Thanks.

Cheers,
David

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Some days ago, one of these was sold for $1199 on ebay and it was a version made in Canada:

Not surprising. The Canadian M lenses are much loved in the RF community. Walter Mandler was the chief at Midland. The best of Leica came from his era.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information! Wink
It wasn't my intention to support the myth than lenses made in Germany are better than the ones made in Canada. I'm sure they are the same. Generally the German ones are just more valuable.

I also prefer Dr Martens boots made in England, Contax lenses made in Germany and Ray-Ban sunglasses made in the USA, but it doesn't mean they are better than the models made in Thailand, Japan and Italy.
It's just the pleasure to own something which was manufactured in the original country where the brand was created.
I think we all understand what I mean. Smile