Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

let's make it, canon p or bessa r?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: let's make it, canon p or bessa r? Reply with quote

i have in my sights a canon p body only in excellent shape for $200 and a bessa r body at the same price. i'm thinking the canon would appreciate, but the r's viewfinder/rangefinder would better suit my 58-year-old eyes. then again, the p's rangefinder is said to be more accurate. aieeeee! i must decide quickly ... Shocked

Last edited by fish4570 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Fish take the Bessa.
You could probably find a R2 for around $250 in user condition.
There is no point in having an L39 mount when you can have an M mount that takes the L39's also.
Post a "want to buy" listing at RFF. Someone will have a nice user for you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the tip. i posted an ad in rff.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Essentially I agree with F16sunshine ... but the Canon VT does have a certain attraction. If you like the "classics" and can find a really good one at around $225 it might actually be a better investment than Bessa R2. On the other hand, if you want a camera for taking photographs, the Bessa R2 is a more practical tool.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i want the r, not the r2. i really want to take advantage of the ussr m39 lenses - and canon ones before they go up any more.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
... i really want to take advantage of the ussr m39 lenses...

Keep in mind that not all russian m39 lenses will work with the Bessa R camera. The 35mm Jupiter 12 for example will not fit and I think the 20mm Russar lens as well. Also the collapsible lenses can make some problems.

I am quite happy with my Bessa R but I only use Cosina/Voigtländer lenses (25/35/75). The Rangefinder is very brigth and the light meter comes in handy.
I tried my luck with some russian standard lenses (Jupiter 8, Industar 61) but sold all of them since focusing was allways a bit off and the handling is far from the VC lenses.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that, ianus. one or two normal lenses are more than sufficient for me. that focal length is how i see, photographically.

well, i have a buyer for one of my rifles to get the money for this purchase. decisions, decisions ...