Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Takumar 105/2.8 and Soligor 35/2.0 C/D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Takumar 105/2.8 and Soligor 35/2.0 C/D Reply with quote

Both are superb, I think.
Wide open the Tak is quite sharp, stop it a click away and it's biting.
The soligor tends to be very prone to flare - it gives a heavy 'glow' and 'hazy' pictures.

Takumar 105/2.8 M42

Soligor 35/2.0 (C/D = Computer Designed)

Here is the Soligor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All shots are wide open

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 105 is one of my favorite focal lengths, and the Tak is super - nicely compact and well made. Lovely shot - wide open too, excellent! Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which Takumar is it, the 5/4 formula, or the 4/4 ?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has no rubber grip and zebra stripped I don't know which one is that. Do you have any idea?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-M-C Takumar, Super Takumar and Takumar 105/2.8, black with preset are 5/4, the other are 4/4 Wink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
S-M-C Takumar, Super Takumar and Takumar 105/2.8, black with preset are 5/4, the other are 4/4 Wink

That leaves the 2.8/105 Auto Tak and a non black preset ( black silver mixed? ) to have 4/4 formula?
How are the 5/4 and 4/4 versions said to perform differently?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The SMC Takumar 105/2.8 has been one of my first M42 buys three years ago, and still remains one of my best MF lenses (well, at least good as my K 105/2.Cool ...

The first shot is wonderful ...

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
CarbonR wrote:

That leaves the 2.8/105 Auto Tak and a non black preset ( black silver mixed? ) to have 4/4 formula?

Yes it is, according to the screwmount guide. I don't know what exactly value (from an optical point of view) the 4/4 formula, thats why I was wondering which formula it is Wink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you please post more samples from: Soligor 35/2.0.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using Soligor C/D 2/28mm as TS on Pentax K10D:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

am really starting to see advantage of taks: really like this 105!

i had been biding my time to buy on fleabay, but saw a tominon super yashinon 10cm for under $90, so i snapped it up and am waiting for it. hope its near as good as ive read, and as the tak!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

That Yashinon series certainly doesn't seem to be terribly common.

May I ask: how do you plan to deal with the proprietary bayonet mount? Do you have a Pentamatic body? (I'm not aware of any adapters, but it may be that I simply haven't encountered them.)

Cheers,

Jon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey jon
i was told by the seller it was a contax c/y mount--i hope he was correct!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Well, I could easily be mistaken - that happens with distressing regularity.

It might also be that the seller simply assumed that any Yashica-branded lens with a bayonet fitting must be a CY-mount. The Pentamatic mount was also a bayonet - a short-lived and proprietary one - that predated the M42 Yashica cameras. The expression of the focal length in cm, as opposed to mm, suggests that this lens is of the earlier series.

If you follow the link in this brief Camerapedia article to the PDF manual, you'll find a photo and description of a 100/2.8 lens for the Pentamatic. Does it match yours?

Cheers,

Jon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow jon, thats a bummer! i sent an email to the seller--what is good for me is i never saw this lens before as it was a 'yashinon-R' and i was concerned it was a leica R mount vs c/y mount, so i exchanged several pre purchase emails w seller on compatibility w my 5d w contax>eos adapter, and was assured it would work. we will see, and many many thanks for your help!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Hope it all works out. Sadly, even in today's "golden age" of lens adaptation and conversion, there are a few mounts that are true orphans.

Cheers,

Jon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a zebra striped version of the auto-Takumar 105mm. Pentax didn't do many true "zebra" lenses. This is the only other I know of except the 3 versions of the 55mm f1.8 that came out with the K.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That soligor is a surprise. Thanks for the samples

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistery resolved (at least if the label is real):
Soligor 2/35mm = Tokina RMC
Click here to see on Ebay.de

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Takumar looks very nice! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More sample for the Soligor 35/2.0