Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Testing my Canon AE-1 with Kodak Color 200
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Testing my Canon AE-1 with Kodak Color 200 Reply with quote

I picked this up a while back for next to nothing in a charity shop, so I thought I'd better put a quick test film through Smile I only tested on cheapy Kodak Color Plus 200, which cost me a pound from Poundland (thanks Graham!). I applied some PP to make the photos look the same as the prints.

The camera

[1] - Me taken by my girlfriend

[2]

[3]

[4]

[5]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people have all the luck! Laughing

Great find, and nice pictures!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The white balance is off in the 1st one I think Laughing

Good looking pics and not a bad film I'd say. I think I remember this camera being filthy when you bought it?

I quite like the FD mount cameras. I did almost buy one a while back but I just couldn't talk myself into buying another system.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold as seen 17/8 Euro3-50?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all!

The camera was indeed a bit on the grubby side when I got it, and yes it was really cheap...£3.50 GBP, sold as seen! I've since picked up a silver-nosed Canon FD 28/3.5, can't wait to try out some proper wide angle shots Smile

And Martin, yes, I had to photoshop the top one...too much green Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrek, you are lucky indeed. The shipping fee of my Canon A1 + FD 50/1.8 from UK to Taiwan is much higher than 3.5GBP. Mike

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. My very first 35mm camera was a Canon AE-1. For what it is, it's a very decent tool. If you find yourself being bitten by the FD bug, however, I recommend the FTb, or even better, the original F-1. Better metering patterns and much easier to use in manual exposure mode.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice score man!
That's a great price on a classic model.
I remember seeing adds for that camera on the tele when I was a pup.
It created quite a fuss back then. Lots of super FD glass about. Have fun exploring it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great buy and for me I can't see the point in paying £1000 plus for a DSLR when film gear is so cheap.