Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Question Minolta Rokkor MD 35mm 1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Question Minolta Rokkor MD 35mm 1.8 Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a Canon 5D and I got the oppertunity to buy a Rokkor MD 35mm 1.8 in very good condition for 50 Euro.

Now I have some questions:

1. Would be the price ok for the lens?
2. Is this lens known for a good quality?
3. I think I have to convert the lens to use it on the 5D, or isn't it? Does this make sense?

Thanks a lot,

Hannes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! I think the price is pretty cheap, since most of the times this lens goes up to around 80-100 euros. I really love my MC 35mm 1.8. Unfortunately I do not know if it is easy to adapt for the 5D.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adapting MD/MC lenses (which has shorter register distance than EF systems) to an EOS needs some guts, but I think it is worthwhile. MD's quality is generally very good. I have tried Rokkor MC PF 58/1.4, MC PG 50/1.4, MD 50/1.4, MD 200/4, Tele MC 300/4.5 and very satisfied. I don't have an experience with 35/1.8 but sounds very good.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

50 EUR for a brand name fast wide angle lens is questionable for you ?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, it sounds good. I will buy it. Thanks a lot for the informations.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Adapted the 35/1.8 Reply with quote

I buyed a MC W.Rokkor-HH 35mm/1.8 lens for my EOS 5D. Payed ~ 60 Euro.
The conversion I made was not good metal work - I used a lot of hot glue - because I have not much time due to my small child.

But the lens worked ok for me on my unshaved 5D. It ist very close to the mirror.
I like the bokeh. I was my best lens for my child - now I have the Minolta 58/1.2 adapted Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here a link to my Quick and Dirty conersion:
http://www.4photos.de/camera-diy/Minolta35mm-SR-EOS-Umbau.html
it is in German.

The infinity setting is very narrow - not sure if I realy got infinity. I have to test that.