Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

lens review
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: lens review Reply with quote

My favourite poster at fourthirds photo forum is ghenton. The reason is he posted a lot of reviews of legacy MF lenses. It's great to have those review because an old lens might not perform the same on 4/3 sensor as on a 5D FF sensor.

However, I think he's a bit too generous with the lenses. Like he wrote about the Viv/Komine 28mm f/2.8:
Quote:
...Is completely usable at f2.8 although it improves when stopped down like any other lens. It close focuses to about 0.6ft. There is a little CA and distortion but not very much.

However, my copy of the lens has ghosts running rampant and CA galore at 2.8. At f4 and f5.6 it is definitely good.

I bidding on some MF lenses on evilBay based on his reviews, but I'm wondering how his praises for a lens should be translated into USD... Confused