Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Paragon 1:8 500mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Paragon 1:8 500mm Reply with quote

Hi as well as the usual markings on the barrel, ie feet , mtrs and f no:s, this lens has O<->C. if I move it the blades open and close, what is this setting for.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a preset lens, one ring you set to your desired aperture then the o-c ring opens and closes the aperture blades but only as far as you have chosen with the f stop ring so you can focus with the lens wide open and then close the aperture down to your desired setting without moving your eye away from the viewfinder.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, thats what I thought.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That must be a pretty difficult lens to focus!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i,ll be able to answer that tomorrow. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wasn,t too bad, heres a photo of the top of a fir tree. (even got the insect above it)

Last edited by thomasb on Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and a pidgeon on a neighbouring roof

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another "Wundertüte" ! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thomasb wrote:
and a pidgeon on a neighbouring roof

That's pretty good!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say i'm not very impressed by that pidgeon.
My Russian 3M-5A 500mm F8 mirror lens does a far better job , IF i succeed in proper focussing.....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done for getting a focused shot at f8 at a lens that long! I've still not managed it with my Tammie SP 500/8! The purple fringing can be removed easily in pp and a bit of sharpening may help as well, but overall good work! Cool