Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

mir rangefinders: thoughts/experiences?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: mir rangefinders: thoughts/experiences? Reply with quote

ive had very good luck with mir lenses and the other day i came across a few mir rangefinders and i was wondering if anyone had any experience with these cameras and what they thought of them.
thanks
tony

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple and therefore reliable. No long shuttertimes, 1/500 fastest.
If you don't need more features (do you?) it is a nice camera to use.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont really know, am new to RFs. i just really liked the look of the mir and it was inexpensive and used m39 lenses. it seems to me a lot i see (feds, zorkis etc) seem to top out at 1/500th...just want a good reliable one and was wondering if this was such.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
dont really know, am new to RFs. i just really liked the look of the mir and it was inexpensive and used m39 lenses. it seems to me a lot i see (feds, zorkis etc) seem to top out at 1/500th...just want a good reliable one and was wondering if this was such.

Reliable one is not depend from brand any copy can be good and crap too. Best if you buy from seller who clearly say it have been tested with film work and it has accurate speeds (at least some ) Smile Funny to read in many camera advertise sound is accurate I really curious how they identify 1/200 speed with ears.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIR rangefinders are a series of "budget" Zorki 4's without the slow speed governor. Apart from the branding and missing speeds, they are the same as the plain late fifties 4 or 4b - it is even considered more reliable, as the slow speeds gumming up is one of the weak points on the Zorki 4.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess if it's cheap enough buy one and give it ago...just use Attilas advice to find the right one.. Very Happy
I only have the Yashica Minister D rangefinder and it served me well.