Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Diference between nikon mounts
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Diference between nikon mounts Reply with quote

Hello,
some months ago I did buy a adapter for nikon lenses to EOS mount in ebay.
When tried, it worked fine in a nikon 50mm 1.4 but not in the 28mm 2.8 ... It didn't turn all the way to lock ...
Anybody know the small diferences in old nikon lenses? Can I look for a adapter that work on the 28mm kind of mount?

I post two big photos comparing them:
http://pau.cc/adapter/comparacion_objetivos01.jpg
http://pau.cc/adapter/comparacion_objetivos02.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick suggestion: your 28mm has not been Ai-converted? The 50/1.4 you were using was either Ai-converted, Ai or Ai-S mount. Hard to say as I don't have experience from adapting Nikon lenses to fit mount, I am using F-mount Nikon bodies.

You might want to take a look at this if you are wondering about the differences: Nikon lens mount compatibility

Last edited by Esox lucius on Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.
Interesting site!

I'll take a look at the lenses when I have them near.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 28 mm lens looks like an Ai to me although the width of the metering ridge seems a little wider than that in the Nikon mount. In addition it looks as though the aperture ring is not properly seated. Look at the 1st & 2nd pictures of the side-on views of the 28 mm. On the left of the lens there appears to be a definite gap between the aperture ring and the lens body. If the ring is protruding above the level of the mount this might interfer with the engagement of the locking pin (I assume the adapter has a locking pin just like the F mount). I've seen a similar problem on another 3rd party Nikon mount.

BTW - are you sure that you have a 50 mm f/1.4 ? The 50 mm looks remarkably like a 50 mm f/1.8 Series E.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly does not look like my 50/1.4. The ears suggest that the 28 is an AIS - that open rabbit ear is usually associated with post-AI

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sichko wrote:

BTW - are you sure that you have a 50 mm f/1.4 ? The 50 mm looks remarkably like a 50 mm f/1.8 Series E.

Now that you mention it, it's probably a 1.8. I'm confused by the sigma 1.4 I also have. As I don't have the lenses with me I can't check details, but as soon as I have them I'll post them.
What I know is that both of them work perfectly on a Nikon FM body:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikon_FM

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the lens in front of me, it have the little aperture numbers below the ears and also those ears seem to be like the AI ones ...
It's very weird, I can't see why it don't fit.
sichko, I can't see the gap you mention between the aperture ring and the body. Maybe it's a reflection on the corner of the ring, as it isn't srtaight but angular?
I'll try to make better pictures this weekend ...
Thank you all for the answers!