Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ok, first shots with helios 44-2/spotmatic: bokeh lives
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: ok, first shots with helios 44-2/spotmatic: bokeh lives Reply with quote

pentax sp1000, helios 44-2, fuji 400 asa superia, f2-f5.6, assorted shutter speeds:

nandina in winter:

what's left of a shrub's flower (notice the booger in lower middle; it's now been removed from front of lens; aarrgghh!):

dead oak branch, covered with mist, lichen:

winter dead primrose blossoms (stiff breeze; blossoms a bit fuzzy even at 1/250th):

some of my wife's knitting needles:

Last edited by fish4570 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful color tones!

The "busy" or "swirly" Biotar bokeh is a matter of taste, and mine isn't developed in a way that I would appreciate it. I find it distracting attention from areas in focus and sometimes even head-ache inducing. I understand however why the special look has its own solid fanclub; the effect is interesting, as shown in yours and many other's photos.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i accidentally bought the lens on e-bay. i had meant to bid on something else. anyhow, i can see what the bokeh buzz is all about now. i think bw portraits might be its best use. hey, for $15 ...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bokeh looks quite tame here.

I'm glad you like the lens. It is great for the price it is found. Next stop, Biotar?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like that the bokeh in this lens does not have a specific shape to it. i've always been a depth of field fellow for more detail, especialy with my mini-scapes. but this lens has a certain charm.

biotar? i don't know about that. i reckon i'll be hapopy for quite a while after my most recent 2 e-bay purchases arrive (super tak f2 normal and vivitar - tokina-made - 2.8/35) arrive.

my long-range hope is a well-maintained leica m2 or m3 with collapsible elmar 2.8/50 OR an excellent-plus canon P with a couple or three or four canon and russian normal screwmount lenses. Shocked