Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

An Amazing Digital Camera Test
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: An Amazing Digital Camera Test Reply with quote

This guy named Shinji Watanabe (black_eyes on Flickr) has posted the most incredible camera test I have ever seen. He has shot the same model in studio under controlled lighting with nine of the finest digital cameras you can get today and made the unedited full size pictures available. The cameras tested are: Canon EOS 5D MkII, Nikon D3x, Nikon D700, Hasselblad H2 with CF22 back, Hasselblad H3DⅡ39, Hasselblad H3DⅡ50, Fuji Finepix S5, Nikon D90 and PhaseOne645AF with P65+ back. Here's the link to the Flickr gallery (don't forget to check the full size pictures, the one from the PhaseOne645AF with P65+ back is simply breathtaking -- and so cruel for the model):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dos-chin/sets/72157614936120567/with/3340054723/

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: An Amazing Digital Camera Test Reply with quote

Abbazz wrote:
(don't forget to check the full size pictures, the one from the PhaseOne645AF with P65+ back is simply breathtaking -- and so cruel for the model)

This is why the fashion photographers want MF-digital backs, they want to photoshop every single skin cell ..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice goatee Razz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this Watanabe use the best tools but hair and skin colors are very different for each cam, I guess he poposhop on a poor lcd
comparing a 35mm at F13 with a 6x4.5 at F11 is apple and lemons
I guess he don't like his Hasselblad just by looking how dirty the sensor is, the poor yellow tint make me think he didn't use a good lens
my advice is to not use 70mm for portrait on 35mm, certainly not at F13, use T* lens and don't move any sliders in poposhop

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hexi wrote:
Nice goatee Razz

Hexi, I was eating my cereals when I understood/saw why you said that.
I didn't finish my cereals.
And she's supposed to be a woman, a model.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing comparison indeed. Studio guys will certainly appreciate the effort here.
Nice find !