Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fuji 400H / Yashinon DX 35/2.8 / Snowstorm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Fuji 400H / Yashinon DX 35/2.8 / Snowstorm Reply with quote

An example of when photography lies optimistically: the morning was really very dark, but through the magic of photography, the illumination was found.

Yashica TL Electro-X, Yashinon DX 35/2.8, Fuji 400H that started out in an Olympus Sylus which became inoperative, then spent months in the canister till I teased the leader back out. I'd completely forgotten what camera the film was originally in Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb, magical!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, magical indeed, especially if you did your own homespun scans.
We got snow (and an ice storm cometh) here in 'Bama.

Last shot is my fave, excellent.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah these were CVS scans and I did apply color correction to make the blue snow white Smile

I like the last one best as well. Though the parking meters have a nice cold abandoned look Sad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent series Jussi, not easy to make this quality shoots in this bad weather.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
Nah these were CVS scans and I did apply color correction to make the blue snow white Smile

I like the last one best as well. Though the parking meters have a nice cold abandoned look Sad

I like the contrast/contradiction in the last: the cold winter snow but
in plain view are fruits and vegetables in the shop, where did they come
from? #2 the parking meters is a close second.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the parking meters it has a loneliness about it...how did you protect the camera while taking these...photographing the set up would have been interesting... Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Protect the camera! Laughing Laughing Laughing

No protection at all. I wore gloves and a hat to protect me. These cameras can take care of themselves ~ I just wiped the surfaces dry when I got indoors. The lens did have a daylight filter on it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great atmosphere!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Embarassed oops sorry I meant were you ok taking these, not to cold??... Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of the few examples of when "lying" is good. Very Happy