Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

first post here
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: first post here Reply with quote

wonderful site with loads of info. i happened on to it while messing with e-bay for the first time, looking at used cameras, lenses.

i have been using a black ltl 3 for years that is missing the front left top plate screw. bought it that way in a pawn shop several years ago. no effect on shooting, but i would just like to fill the hole. sources?

many thanks ahead of time.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's a great place. I also found it by accident. Be warned though, it can be addictive Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are far worse addictions. i have a renewed interest in bw film photography because of my daughter's insistence i shoot her first child (my first grandchild) in bw film. it is an honor, and the praktica has gotten a pretty good workout. it also has revived my interest in shooting micro ecosystems here in the river/creek bottom. meanwhile, i am about to bust a gut awaiting my first e-bay purchase: a minty minolta a5.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Prakticas like Kalasnyikov machine guns they are works forever.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, welcome. I look forward to the micro ecosystem photos.

I try to remember how I found here, and I have no idea. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember how I found this forum!

Anyway, greetings Fish. Make sure you stop at the `Cafe' and tell us about yourself.

What exactly are you after on the Praktica?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to MFL, fish4570. Enjoy your stay.

Cheers, Marty.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to this great forum. I am sure you will have plenty of fun time here.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, fish4570!

Pull up a chair and stay a while. This is become my most favorite place on the web to hang out. Attila is to be commended.

Ironically, I ran across this forum when searching for more information about mf lens-to-EOS adapters a couple weeks after buying my first DSLR. Ironic because it took my buying a DSLR to find out about a place dedicated to old-school lenses.

As for your Praktica's missing screw, try this place:

http://www.kyphoto.com/cgi-bin/forum/discus.cgi

After you register, click on the "Maintenance and Repair" link and post your requirements. I'll bet you'll get at least one member who'll offer to provide you with your missing screw for probably not much more than the cost of postage. This is a nice forum to know about if you have repair questions, especially for old gear.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add how I found this site ....I was actually doing searches on items I was looking at on ebay.This site kept coming up with the relevant and friendly info that I stayed....I hung around in the background then joined... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first time here was when I was looking for help for setting-up a split focusing screen on my 350D, and to understand how the preset lenses worked.

I came here after getting hooked to the manual lenses because Veijo Vilva outstanding samples on his site.

Regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
What exactly are you after on the Praktica?

He's got a screw loose, that's why he's here. He's probably not the only one Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the MLF forum! Enjoy your stay.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just ONE screw loose? my bride would differ ...

my ltl is missing a little bitty cover screw. it was missing when i bought the camera. no issues because of it; still i'd like to fill that tiny hole ...

thanks for the source, cooltouch.

and thanks to all for the welcome.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: here is summer shot from the ltl: Reply with quote

pentacon 1.8/50, bw400cn, family gathering, fish river, alabama, 2009

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: and a micro eco system: Reply with quote

ltl 3, pentacon 1.8/50, 2008.