Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

chinon
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: chinon Reply with quote

Hi , does any one know what mount these are . are they 42mm and are the lenses any good.
Dave

Vintage Chinon CM - 4S with three (3) lenses and case, filters, metal hood and camera bag. Lens one (1) is Auto Promura C.P. Hi - Lux MC 1 : 2.8 f = 28mm with metal hood and filter Muscam 1A 55 mm. Lens two (2) is Auto Promura C.P. Hi - Lux MC 1 : 3.9 f = 75 - 150 mm 58.with filter 58mm Muscam with case. Lens three (3) is Auto Chinon 1 : 1.9 50mm with Muscam 1A 49mm filter and rubber hood and case and two (2) spare filters prisma 49mm 81A and vinson 46mm 82A.

this may interest someone to its not mine an add on local site but i will give details if anyone wants them.
Selling my Bronica RF645 Medium Format Rangefinder Camera, Perfect condition, has had less than 20 rolls of film through it, 65mm lens in perfect condition, this Medium Format Camera is about the same size as a 35mm Camera and very light. Great Camera for landscape. Bought at Adorama in New York, display model for $900, selling for $500 pick-up only!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose Luis able to answer , I have no clue about these lenses.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

thanks Attila

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave, this camera will have the Pentax K bayonet mount. The M42 Chinons stopped at series 3. Don't know anything about these lenses, sorry. I'd guess they're not fantastic.
http://www.butkus.org/chinon/chinon.htm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd guess the 75-150 3.9 is from the late 1970's-early 1980's. It was sold under a range of the cheaper brands, and probably isn't by the remaining big players in the third party/OEM lens business of the time. Its not a Sigma, Tokina, Kiron under another name. Its not a Sun likewise.

Cosina ? Possibly.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

cheers guys thanks for that

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Chinon lens mount Reply with quote

Cool Hi there every body!
This is my first post in this forum. Glad to be here!
I have a Chinon CM-5 manual focus camera and a 1:1.9 50mm chinon lens. They are both Pentax mount. From what I've read, aside from the M42 mount, the Chinons are all pentax mount. See <ChinonIndustries, Wikipedia.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum!

I'm glad you like Chinons. Very good cameras IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed I picked up a CE-5 and winder cheap a few weeks ago and I am very impressed with it, I like the way the aperture setting is visible in the viewfinder via a little mirror, and the 1.7/50 lens seems reasonable too Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a chinon CE4s as my very first camera and it was excellent all the Chinon's from the 4 onward were PK mount but they did M42 mount cameras and lenses prior to that

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptainPenguin wrote:
Had a chinon CE4s as my very first camera and it was excellent all the Chinon's from the 4 onward were PK mount but they did M42 mount cameras and lenses prior to that

Indeed, which is why I like the CE-3 as it's the last M42 mount, aperture priority and big viewfinder.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Chinon lens mount Reply with quote

jonhock wrote:
Cool Hi there every body!
This is my first post in this forum. Glad to be here!
I have a Chinon CM-5 manual focus camera and a 1:1.9 50mm chinon lens. They are both Pentax mount. From what I've read, aside from the M42 mount, the Chinons are all pentax mount. See <ChinonIndustries, Wikipedia.

That's true about the mounts until Chinon developed their on version of the k-mount for the AF bodies in the late 80s such as the CP-9AF. There was still some lens compatibility. For example Pentax AF lenses will work on the CP-9AF, but require manual focusing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Chinon lens mount Reply with quote

I will take the RF645 if you can ship to the UK. LOL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a CM-5 also. My only complaint about it is it has a hair trigger between reading the meter light and the shutter firing. I blow several shots every roll. Snappy camera. Just a little toooo snappy for me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack Conrad wrote:
I've got a CM-5 also. My only complaint about it is it has a hair trigger between reading the meter light and the shutter firing. I blow several shots every roll. Snappy camera. Just a little toooo snappy for me.

Yes, I tend to stay in the auto mode for this reason. I wish there was another switch for the meter.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old Prakticas (up to the Nova 1B) had that system too. I used to like it very much, because it always gave a DOF preview before firing. I believe the reason it was changed was because people were releasing the button too early and opening the aperture before the shutter had closed, but this can't happen on the CM-3 because the shutter and the aperture stopdown are interlinked. Like the Prakticas, the aperture closes before the shutter fires but it doesn't open again until the shutter has closed, whether on manual or auto, even if you release the button early. And on auto the camera automatically gives the meter time to register the light and calculate the shutter speed before releasing the shutter, even if you snatch at the button.

The only problems I've come across is camera shake, because of the long travel of the button. You need to train yourself to squeeze it gently, like firing a rifle.