Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

minolta a5 arrived today
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: minolta a5 arrived today Reply with quote

and it is exactly as described - excellent shape. aperatures, speeds seem right on. it needs new seals, and there are some old seal gra-doo flecks on the back of the lens. flick specks off with q-tip? there is also some seal grunge on the pressure plate. bathroom alcohol take it off? Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

compressed air, q-tips, alcohol took care of all gra-doo. now, to load some film ... Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

took a few outdoor pics in harsh winter light just now. it'll be a pretty good test of contrast ability. will shoot some wide open stuff this evening as light fades. controls are silken. colored rangefinder is taking some getting-used-to ...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing some shots. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first roll already shot, on disk, then downloaded onto our main laptop. the laptop then went kaput. hoping it's just a power cord failure. the original one looks, uh, chewed. (we have dogs).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a cat that chews my USB cables when I am not looking Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought only a rabbit in house is a real danger for cables, biting them fast and secure. My dog chewed furniture and shoes when he changed teeth. Never a cable. He only once pulled the plugs of the gardenlights out of the socket, when he had digged them up ... darknes, but no damage.