Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ricoh TLS test film NOT using the exposure meter...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:24 am    Post subject: Ricoh TLS test film NOT using the exposure meter... Reply with quote

Just need to ask with the following 2 photos is it a wind on problem with the film and as there were only 3 photos (about middle of the film) affected by this...worthwhile getting the camera serviced??

Soligor Auto wide 2.8 F16/250...I think I got the exposure right
Very Happy

Most were over exposed,I did manage to get a few ok .I tried to use the Sunny 16 but I see it does need a lot of practice to get "your eye in" so to speak.I am looking at a Weston V light meter on the bay at the moment...save the hassle of my light/exposure guessing. Embarassed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you had a problem with perhaps the sprocket skipping or breaking the film a bit there, possibly the film canister/packing was at fault. I wouldn't necessarily assume its the camera.

Its interesting just how often "Sunny 16" is in fact dead on.

You did get some lovely bits of Australia there.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,I do live in a nice area....Everyone is camping at the moment along the waters edge...tent city in the summer!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Luis, not necessarily something broken. Just keep an eye. When you've loaded the film turn gently the rewind crank (it shouldn't go more than a tiny bit) just to make sure the film is perfectly flat and thus avoiding accidental skipping on transport sprockets. Check again towards mid roll. When winding turn the advance lever gently with uniform movement. As far as it goes smoothly and the resistance is uniform is ok.
Good luck and good light Smile .-
BTW nice landscape down there.

Cheers, Marty.