Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

rokkor-x 50mm f1.7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: rokkor-x 50mm f1.7 Reply with quote

After getting my E-P1 back in november. I went on a spending spree at evilBay and got a dozen of cheap legacy lenses. the Rokkor-x 50mm f1.7 is one of thoses that ended up in my drawer without me having a chance to use it yet until now. I got it for really cheap, USD$8.00 + USD$8.00 for shipping. It was so cheap that I also also bought a (later) plain MD version for the essentially the same price.

I'm no photographer thus having no idea how to properly test a lens other than taking some snapshots.

My daughter was playing in her room with a big beach towel, so I took a couple snaps using the beach towel as backdrop (around 12 ft behind her).

My 2x-crop cam's sensor is fairly small so I tend to shoot wide open with lenses. I don't think, wide open, this lens is very sharp. However I like the contrast and for portraiture I think it's good enough. For the price, it's unbeatable bang-for-buck.

wide open (f1.7), iso 250, 1/100s, ttl flash (fl-36r)
cropped, resized, sharpened (usm)