Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

S-M-C Takumar 3.5/28mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: S-M-C Takumar 3.5/28mm Reply with quote

Hi,

during my morning walk today I had a second Tak with me - the famous S-M-C Takumar 3.5/28 mm.

All shots with 1 DsMkIII and ISO 50 too.

Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely, just lovely color, esp the golden on the sheep. the detail in the landscape--which i think is your specialty--was great.

i was just this week choosing between this lens and the yaschica ml 28mm 2.8 and i got the yashica because it was a stop faster and because there was an old thread here that compared it to the distagon 28mm 2.8. do you think i made the wrong choice???? Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I don´t think that you made a mistake.

I do not own any Yashica lens so I can´t say anything but I know that these lenses are rated high.

The Tak 3.5/28 is one of more than 20 Taks I own, so as a collector this lens is a must Cool

regards

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome...what were the sheep waiting for...food/individual portraits.. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great #1.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful set Rolf and what a fun walk that must have been.

Yashica 28/2.8 ML is pretty good. Not as good as my nikkor 28/2.8AIS, but nonetheless very good value for money.

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last two are good, but I think the first one looks baa'd! Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baaaad. absolutely ... Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
i was just this week choosing between this lens and the yaschica ml 28mm 2.8 and i got the yashica because it was a stop faster and because there was an old thread here that compared it to the distagon 28mm 2.8. do you think i made the wrong choice???? Smile

I have both the Yashica ML and this Tak. They are certainly different designs. Colors, contrast, and handling of flare are pretty similar, as both lenses have really nire coatings. My copy of SMC Takumar seems to have slightly more even resolution across the frame; however, the Yashica is visibly sharper in the centre. The Takumar vignettes more. I currently like the Yashica better.

http://www.prime35.com/s-m-c-takumar-28mm-f3-5/

http://www.prime35.com/yashica-ml-28mm-f2-8/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are lovely, the first one especially, great angle and so crisp.

Do you know what f stop you used for these?

I have the Super Takumar 28mm 3.5 that I haven't had the opportunity to try out yet. I hope it produces photos of similar quality! Although I know the photographer has a lot to do with it too, lol, and I'm still just a novice.

Thanks for sharing these.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heartcat wrote:
These are lovely, the first one especially, great angle and so crisp.

Do you know what f stop you used for these?

I have the Super Takumar 28mm 3.5 that I haven't had the opportunity to try out yet. I hope it produces photos of similar quality! Although I know the photographer has a lot to do with it too, lol, and I'm still just a novice.

Thanks for sharing these.

Thanks for your comment. Aperture was f:8 so you have a dof from approx. 1,5m to infinity. A great lens - you should try it asap.

Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crisp sheep, absolutely mouth-watering.
Great pics

Thomas