Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mysterious 135/2.8 lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:54 am    Post subject: Mysterious 135/2.8 lenses Reply with quote

I just got two 135/2.8 lenses that I can't identify.
I never see such a mounting.
Is somebody can help me?

They are Soligor Tele-Auro 135/2.8 and Auto Miranda 13.5 cm 1:2.8
The Miranda is substantially heavier than the Soligor.

Here are some snapshots:

Miranda 1

Miranda 2

Miranda 3

Soligor 1

Soligor 2

Soligor3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first one is exactly what it says - its a Miranda.

Miranda was a Japanese maker of SLR's 1950's-1970's. They had two unique mountings - an M44 screw and this bayonet for auto lenses, which is what you have. I think this lens is from the late 1960's-early 1970's.

I don't know of any converters from Miranda to anything else.

The Soligor is made by Tokina and has an Exakta mount (with an "arm", so its an automatic lens). It goes on German Exakta and Exa cameras, also Japanese Topcon. Notice also its marked "KE" - "Kine Exakta". There are plenty of converters from Exakta to Canon and 4/3.

More interesting is that the mounting is actually removable, its whats called a "T4" mount, and it can be replaced with another. Press the button on the block marked "O<-.->I" and turn the ring towards "O" - it should come loose. The T4 mounting was used for a few years by Soligor and Vivitar for a very common line of lenses. There are T4 mounts for all the common SLR's of the 1960's-early 1970's - M42, Nikon (non-AI), Canon FD, Minolta, Miranda, Petri, Exakta, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very helpful luisalegria.
Many thanks! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luis was faster! Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miranda sourced lenses from several manufacturers. Kowa being alluded to on one web site I've seen, and now can't recall. Some other Mirandas, especially the wide angles, look like early Kino (Kiron) made lenses. Your 135 may be from the latter.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Well, other people have been faster than me ...
I have that Soligor with a T4 M42 mount, after a quick-and-dirty test the results are not bad at all ...
For the Miranda, i have seen one and will try to get it tomorrow, since i have some old Miranda extension tubes to cannibalize to get a male mount Wink ...

Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a K-mount 70-210 Miranda, that's actually very good. As I don't have a K-mount camera, it doesn't get used.